Our COVID-19 response planShould COVID-19 impact Kununurra's community Waringarri Aboriginal Arts will once again shifted operations to three outstation communities as a precautionary measure in keeping artists and their families safe and engaged.
In the meantime, please view our COVID-19 Policy below.
Project Status - Current
About This Project
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
In accordance with Waringarri Aboriginal Art’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our customers and visitors, our employees, artists and the Indigenous community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, that may be reduced by vaccinations.
All customers, employees, artists and visitors are required to be or have received vaccinations by 31st January 2021 unless a reasonable accommodation is otherwise approved by any relevant authority or the company.
Where a person is not in compliance with this policy, the person will not be granted entry to the premises, event, or service. In such circumstances:
- for customers, the company’s refund and/or credit policy may apply
- for employees, they will be placed on unpaid leave until their employment status is determined. Records of their vaccination status will be kept on file.
- for artists they will be required to continue their arts practice at home
- for volunteers their services will cease
- for delivery personnel they will be required to deliver goods outside the premises
Waringarri Aboriginal Arts reserves the right to request proof of a visitors’ vaccination status.